Online Masters Degrees Online MBA Programs and More - Read our reviews about onlien degrees, colleges, universities and elearning. The Total source of online education and accredited college information


Adult Education Opportunities

There are continuing education opportunities for Foreign Service employees and family members both overseas and in the Washington, D.C. area. A certain posting may offer more after-hours leisure, employment options for spouses may be limited, or it may be a time when you want to progress professionally or personally. This paper builds on the material in Education Options for Foreign Service Family Members to help those who want to take advantage of an opportunity to continue their education.

Education should be seen as a lifelong process, not something that is confined to the young. Some reasons you might decide to continue your education are to:

  • Get a Bachelor's or an advanced degree.
  • Complete work on an interrupted degree.
  • Gain work-content skills.
  • Change careers.
  • Keep up-to-date in your field.
  • Keep a professional license current.
  • Learn more about a particular subject.

There are several ways to continue your education. Which one (or combination) you choose depends on your individual circumstances. Traditional degree programs can be taken part-time or full-time at a college or university in the United States or overseas. Individual credit courses can be taken at many different kinds of academic institutions. Noncredit courses are offered through adult education divisions of community colleges, county agencies, and recreation departments. Correspondence courses and external degree programs are offered at many colleges. Continuing education credits (CEU's) for professional credentials can be earned from on-campus and off-campus courses. Training programs can be taken at work, plus valuable information is available from conferences, workshops, and professional development pro-grams through professional associations or independent groups. For prospective students in the Washington area, the public library is a good source of information on adult education programs in your community.

Overseas, there may be college catalogues, course directories, guides to independent study, and other reference materials available in the Community Liaison Office. Other places to look for information include the guidance office of the American school, a student advising center, a Fulbright Office, or, in some countries, local public or university libraries.

Distance Education Clearinghouse

The following web sites offer links to Distance Education information and resources.

What makes for a good distance learning program? The Princeton Review has a good article on this.

Peterson's Distance Learning -

University of Missouri-Columbia -
with offerings for university, high school, middle school, and elementary.

University of Wisconson-Extension -

The Indiana Higher Education Telecommunication System Distance Education Resources -

American Military University -

University of Phoenix Online -
offering Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees in areas such as Business, Management, Information Technology, Healthcare, Education, and Criminal Justice.

Evening Programs

Adults with family and/or work responsibilities often find that evening programs, offered by many colleges and universities, are the best way to complete a degree in the shortest possible time. These programs may be especially attractive to students who have a minimum of 60 credits from accredited colleges. The advantages are:

  • Classes are held in the evening after normal working hours allowing professional and family responsibilities to be maintained.

  • The year-round format enables most students to finish a Bachelor’s degree with-in 18 months.

At many schools, the core curriculum is divided into modules. Students take one course at a time with each course following consecutively. New courses start 1 week after completion of the last course, so there is no lag time between courses. Many college programs offer the opportunity to earn up to 30 credits for life and work experience. Foreign Service people can use their international experience to advantage in this type of program.

United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Graduate School

For general information or a course catalogue, contact the Public Affairs Office at:
USDA Graduate School
600 Maryland Avenue SW, Room 108
Washington, DC 20024
Tel: 202-401-9129
Fax: 202-401-9417

USDA offers day, evening, weekend, and self-study courses, residential training programs, and technology-delivered instruction. It is open to all adults and has no admission requirements. It does not grant degrees but does grant Certificates of Accomplishment. Some courses have been recommended to receive college credit by the American Council on Education’s Program on Non-collegiate Sponsored Instruction (ACE/PONSI).

USDA evening and weekend courses include accounting, career development, foreign languages, science, paralegal, computers, business management, and others. Contact:
Tel: 202-720-5885

USDA correspondence courses include English and writing, math and statistics, management and supervision, computer communications, accounting, editing, engineering, library techniques, paralegal studies, elderlaw, and others. Contact:
Tel: 202-720-7123
Fax: 202-720-3603

USDA programs include the following:

Government Audit Training Institute offers courses in performance auditing, financial auditing, information systems auditing, fraud prevention and detection, federal grants and contracts, auditing supervision and management, federal requirements, and management controls.
Tel: 202-401-9401 or 1-800-326-7813
Fax: 202-401-9452

Center for Applied Technology offers a computer science curriculum.
Tel: 202-401-9194
Fax: 202-401-9417

Communication Skills offers courses in writing, English, interpersonal skills, professionalism, and career and life planning.
Tel: 202-401-9194
Fax: 202-401-9417

Procurement, Grants and Property Management offers courses covering statements of work, ADP procurements, contracts, proposal evaluation, negotiation, government purchase card, ethics, grants, property management, OSHA, facilities management, storage and warehousing, and supply analysis.
Tel: 202-401-9134
Fax: 202-401-9417

Information Resources Management offers courses in office technology, records management, electronic record keeping, and on-line information.
Tel: 202-401-9115
Fax: 202-401-9417

Center for Applied Management offers courses in conflict resolution, strategic planning, performance measurement, sexual harassment, front end analysis, financial management, customer service, teambuilding, and business process reengineering.
Tel: 202-401-9194
Fax: 202-401-9417

The International Institute for Training and Education (IITE), the Graduate School’s international arm, offers courses on conflict resolution, privatization, environmental management, management skills and systems development, governance and democratization.
600 Maryland Avenue SW, # 140
Washington, DC 20024-2520
Tel: 202-401-9279
Fax: 202-401-9133

College-level Examination Program

The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) serves high school students, enrolled college students, international students, and adults returning to college. It is designed to allow students to get college credit for knowledge learned outside the classroom. The heart of CLEP is a series of examinations rewarding you for what you know, whether you learned it in school, on the job, through reading, by observation, or in the course of your life experiences.

There are five general examinations and 30 subject-specific examinations. The general examinations are in English composition, humanities, college mathematics, natural sciences, and social sciences. The tests are at the level of courses taken in the first 2 years of college. Subject examinations include com-position and literature, foreign languages, history and social science, mathematics and science, and business. The general and subject examinations are multiple choice questions limited to 90 minutes. The subject examinations, requiring a higher degree of specialized knowledge and training, demonstrate the specific knowledge and skills you may have gained through job experience, outside course work, or independent reading.

CLEP is the most widely accepted credit-by-examination program. Nearly two-thirds of accredited institutions of higher education give credit for satisfactory scores on CLEP examinations. Colleges have found that CLEP students are motivated, intellectually curious, and independent learners - qualities colleges look for and value in their students.

The Official Study Guide for the CLEP Examinations contains descriptions of the exams, sample exam questions and answers, updated lists of reference materials for test preparation in every subject, test-taking strategies, and general information about credit by examination. It can be purchased in bookstores or ordered from:
College Board Publications
Box 886
New York, NY 10101-0886
Tel: 1-800-323-7155

A booklet, CLEP Colleges, lists addresses and phone numbers to contact for testing schedules. It also lists colleges that award CLEP credits. For a copy, write to:
P.O. Box 6601
Princeton, NJ 08541-6601
Tel: 609-771-7865

High School Diplomas

The General Educational Development (GED) testing program was developed to give U.S. and Canadian citizens who have not graduated from high school the opportunity to demonstrate the level of achievement normally acquired through the completion of a traditional U.S./Canadian high school course of study. The five GED comprehensive examinations cover writing, social studies, science, interpreting literature and arts, and math. Emphasis is on intellectual ability such as evaluating, analyzing, drawing conclusions, and the ability to understand and apply information and concepts. The tests are administered in all 50 states, the U.S. territories, and the 10 Canadian provinces. The GED practice tests are available in English, Spanish, French, Braille, large print, and audiocassette. They can be ordered from:
Steck-Vaughn Company
P.O. Box 26015
Austin, TX 78755
Tel: 1-800-531-5015

Many GED preparation books and software programs are available in libraries and bookstores. A television series carried by both cable television and many public television stations in the United States provides a good general preparation for the test.

The GED tests may also be taken overseas on a limited basis by U.S. and Canadian citizens. They can only be administered through a U.S. Embassy or a military installation that is approved by the General Educational Development Testing Service (GEDTS). For information, contact the Administrative or Public Affairs Officer at the American Embassy or the Education Officer at a U.S. military base near you. The Chief Examiner designated by the GEDTS monitors testing and verifies eligibility. The requirements are that you:

  • provide birth certificate or passport as proof of citizenship with your application;
  • have not graduated from an accredited high school, been awarded a high school equivalency credential, or achieved GED test scores sufficient to qualify for an equivalency credential or diploma;
  • are not currently enrolled in an accredited high school program;
  • are unable to verify achievement level or to obtain scores;
  • meet the minimum age requirement. (If you are a legal resident of a state or province, you must meet the minimum age requirement of that state or province.)

For information on eligibility requirements, and to arrange to take the GED, contact the appropriate school system. If you do not have legal residence in the U.S. or Canada, you must be at least 18 years of age if you are a U.S. citizen and at least 19 years of age if you are a Canadian citizen. You must provide proof of age in the form of an official photo identification, and if you claim legal residence in a state or province, you must provide proof of residence.

If you meet the requirements, contact the Chief Examiner to arrange a test date and time. Submit the application with proof of age, citizenship, and legal residence to the Chief Examiner for signature before mailing it with the fee to GEDTS. Testing materials will be sent to the Chief Examiner at the Embassy or military testing center. The GED Examiner must return the completed test materials to the GED Testing Service Office for marking. If you pass the GED overseas, you may request a diploma from a state or province that does not require residence: Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, Maine, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota, Vermont, plus Alberta, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.

If you are a civilian who wants to take the test at a U.S. military base or if there is not a center in your area, contact:

Manager, International Testing or Director, Data and Scoring Services
GED International Testing Service
1 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 10
Washington, DC 20036-1163
Tel: 202-939-9498
Fax: 202-833-4730

Other Links

External Diplomas for Adults

Another way for adults to obtain credentials is through an external diploma program (EDP) offered by many U.S. school systems. Unlike traditional examinations where test-takers are timed and tested in 1 day, EDP asks candidates to demonstrate their ability in a series of assessment tasks completed at home or in private office visits. Skills demonstrated through this applied performance assessment process are those needed by an adult functioning in the modern world: oral and written communication; listening, reading, and following instructions; computation and problem solving; sensitivity to cultural diversity; team-work; career development and entry-level job skills; awareness of social, consumer, govern-mental, and scientific issues; familiarity with computers and calculators; and ability to manipulate, analyze, synthesize, and apply data.

Fairfax County Public Schools in Northern Virginia offer a self-paced program that includes a diagnostic test for writing, reading, and math skills, and an assessment test for 65 general competencies. Completion time varies from 4 months to 1 year depending on the individual. Upon completion, a high school diploma is awarded by Fairfax County Public Schools. For more information contact the Fairfax County Public Schools:

Other schools offer adult high school completion courses featuring daytime and evening programs for adults 17 and older who have previously attended, but not graduated from, high school. For information about these programs, contact the appropriate school system. Washington Area Schools

For more information about external degree and weekend college programs through-out the United States, write or call:
Center for Adult Learning
American Council on Education
1 Dupont Circle
Washington DC 20036
Tel: 202-939-9475

Adult Education Opportunities Abroad

Foreign Service people can attend many colleges and universities abroad. There may be a U.S. college or university at post, a local college or university, or programs given at the local American or international school.

Many American colleges have programs at posts with U.S. military bases nearby. Programs range from a certificate or associate degree in recreation technology and occupational education to graduate programs in international relations, counseling, public administration, and systems management. Some countries have a national university that is open to foreigners who are fluent in the language of instruction. There are also posts that have universities with classes in English.

Many American and international schools give courses for their teachers that may be open to members of the U.S. Mission. For example, Trenton State College offers teacher-training programs in Cyprus.

For information on courses offered by universities and colleges abroad or other education options available at post, contact the Community Liaison Office coordinator (CLO) or Human Resources Officer at the embassy or consulate. In Washington, contact the Overseas Briefing Center or the Family Liaison Office.

Selected Colleges and Universaries Offering Courses to Americans Abroad

American University in Cairo
866 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Tel: 212-421-6320
Fax: 212-688-5341

Center for Adult & Continuing Education
28 Falaki Street, Room 110
Cairo, Egypt
Tel: 011-202-357-6873
Fax: 011-202-355-7565

The American University of Paris
80 East 11th Street, Suite 434
New York, NY 10003
Tel: 212-677-4870
Fax: 212-475-5205

Continuing Education Department
31 Avenue Bosquet
75007 Paris, France
Tel: 011-331-4062-0600
Fax: 011-331-4720-4564

University of Maryland University College
University Boulevard at Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20742
Tel: 301-985-7077
Fax: 301-985-7678

The Higher Education Committee at the University of Maryland offers adult education courses near military bases overseas and American embassies in Germany, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Spain, and Thailand.

University of Oklahoma
1610 Asp Avenue, Room 400
Norman, OK 73072-6405
Tel: 405-325-2250
Fax: 405-325-3335

The Advanced Programs division of the University of Oklahoma offers quality graduate programs and new approaches to meet the special needs of individuals seeking retraining or skills upgrades who cannot spend an entire semester in residence. This intensified program includes pre-class preparations, 1 week or 2 weekend class sessions and 1 hour Companion Directed Reading (CDR) for each class. It offers fully-accredited graduate degrees in adult and higher education, communication, early childhood education, economics, educational administration, curriculum and supervision, human relations, instructional psycho-logy, political science, public administration, and social work. Courses are delivered worldwide to civil service and military personnel at 30 sites.

Graduate Level Programs

Even if you are posted abroad, it is possible to work toward a graduate degree. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) measures skills acquired over a long period of time and that are not related to any specific field of study. The Computer Based Testing Program is offered at 105 overseas locations. For more information contact:

Graduate Record Examination
Educational Testing Service
P.O. Box 6000
Princeton, NJ 08541-6000
Tel: 609-771-7670
Fax: 609-771-7906

Testing is available on a limited basis at temporary testing sites. Contact the GRE Regional Centers to verify test dates.

If you plan to apply to graduate school from overseas, make sure you have developed a list of people who will write letters of recommendation for you, including at least one academic reference. Writing samples and a work resume can be useful adjuncts to the application. Since most graduate schools re-quire a stay on campus, choose a school in a location where you are likely to live or where you have studied previously.

After selecting graduate schools with attractive programs in your field of interest, write jointly to the Admissions Office and to the Chairman of the Department in your field. Ask the Department Chairman for information on residency requirements (minimum number of course units that must be taken on campus) and the basic degree requirements. Explain your situation and request approval to take some courses locally, if they are available.

Resources in the Washington Area

The Greater Washington College Information Center web site has information for adult learners regarding careers, financial aid, programs, and more. Visit them at

The College Board maintains a page on their web site for residency requirements by state. You can find it on the Internet at

For Foreign Service people living in Washington, there are a variety of adult education programs available. If you are undecided about your academic goals or unsure how to proceed, the Family Liaison Office will help sort out the wealth of information to find a program that suits your needs. Be sure to take the time to do a self-assessment and long-range planning before committing time and money to a course of study. Many colleges and universities offer interest tests, self-analysis programs, counseling, and life management courses to help you get started.

If you are interested in taking enrichment courses without specific educational goals, you will find a smorgasbord of tempting classes available. Costs are generally low and classes easily accessible in neighborhood schools, recreation centers, and churches. No matter how promising a course title, you should look carefully into the exact content to avoid disappointment. Shopping around for prices is important too, as individuals who teach expensive university courses may also work for public schools at a much lower cost.

For current class schedules and course descriptions, contact local community colleges, universities, county education and recreation departments, and the public library. The following institutions offer a variety of courses worth looking into:

Creative Education Program
Glen Echo Park
MacArthur Boulevard
Glen Echo, MD 20768
Tel: 301-492-6282

Smithsonian Institution
Resident Associate Program
1110 Jefferson Drive SW
Room 3077
Washington, DC 20560
Tel: 202-357-3030

Public School System Adult Education Programs

DC Public Schools
Vocational Adult Education
1709 3rd Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
Tel: 202-576-6308
Fax: 202-576-7899

Alexandria Public Schools
Adult Education Department
3330 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302
Tel: 703-824-6845
Fax: 703-824-6902

Arlington Public Schools
Adult Education
Clarendon Education Center
2801 Clarendon Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201
Tel: 703-358-7200
Fax: 703-358-7205

Fairfax County Public Schools
Adult & Community Ed.
5775 Spindle Court
Centerville, VA 22020
Tel: 703-227-2200
Fax: 703-227-2377

Prince William County Public Schools
Adult Education
P.O. Box 389
Manassas, VA 20108
Tel: 703-791-7357
Fax: 703-791-7336

Montgomery County Public Schools
Alternative Programs
12518 Greenly Street
Silver Spring, MD 20906
Tel: 301-929-2025
Fax: 301-929-2099

Prince George's County Public Schools
Adult Education
3021 Bel Air Drive
Bowie, MD 20715
Tel: 301-805-2710
Fax: 301-805-2713

The following colleges offer adult and continuing education programs:

In the District of Columbia

American University
Program Information
McKinley Building
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016
Tel: 202-885-2500
Fax: 202-885-3991

Catholic University Metropolitan College
321 Pangborn Hall
Washington, DC 20064
Tel: 202-319-5256

Corcoran School of Art
17th and New York, NW
Washington, DC 20052
Tel: 202-634-1800

Gallaudet University
800 Florida Avenue NE
Washington, DC 20002
Tel: 202-651-5000

George Washington University
Center for Career Education
2020 K St. NW, Suite B100
Washington, DC 20052
Tel: 202-973-1175

Georgetown University
Summer and Continuing Education
37th and O Streets NW
Washington, DC 20057
Tel: 202-687-5942

Johns Hopkins University
School of Continuing Studies
1625 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: 800-588-0590
Fax: 202-516-7704

Levine School of Music
2801 Upton Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tel: 202-686-9772
Fax: 202-337-2268

Mount Vernon College
2100 Foxhall Road NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tel: 202-625-4500

NAFSA: Association of International Educators
1875 Connecticut Ave. NW Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20009
Tel: 202-462-4811
Fax: 202-667-3419

National-Louis University
529 14th St. NW, Suite 1125
Washington, DC 20045
Tel: 800-443-5522, ext. 5151

Smithsonian Institution
Smithsonian Associates
1100 Jefferson Drive SW
Room 3077, MRC 701
Washington, DC 20560
Tel: 202-357-2700

Southeastern University
501 I Street SW
Washington, DC 20024
Tel: 202-265-5343
Fax: 202-488-8093

Strayer College
1025 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
Tel: 202-408-2400

Trinity College
125 Michigan Avenue NE
Washington, DC 20017
Tel: 202-884-9400

University of the District of Colombia
Continuing Education
4200 Connecticut Ave. NW
Building 38, Room 207
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: 202-274-7404

University of Oklahoma
Washington Extension
1 Dupont Circle NW
Suite 340
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: 202-223-9147

U.S. Dept. of Agriculture Graduate School
600 Maryland Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20024
Tel: 202-720-5885

In Maryland

Anne Arundel Community College
Continuing Education
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012-1895
Tel: 410-647-7100

Bowie State University
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
Tel: 301-464-6572

Capitol College

Catonsville Community College
800 S. Rolling Road
Catonsville, MD 21228
Tel: 410-455-4304

Charles County Community College
PO Box 910, Mitchell Road
La Plata, MD 20646
Tel: 301-934-2251, ext. 552

Columbia Union College
External Degree Program
7600 Flower Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Tel: 301-891-4124, 1-800-835-4212

Foundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences, NIH
One Cloister Court
Bethesda, MD 20814-1460
Tel: 301-496-7976
Fax: 301-402-0483

Glen Echo Park
7300 MacArthur Boulevard
Glen Echo, MD 20812
Tel: 301-492-6229
Fax: 301-492-5384

Hood College
Brodbeck Scholars Program for Adults 23+
401 Rosemont Avenue
Frederick, MD 21701-8575
Tel: 301-696-3500

Howard Community College
Continuing Education
Hickory Ridge Road
Columbia, MD 21044-3197
Tel: 410-992-4856

Howard University
1100 Wayne Avenue, Suite 600
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Tel: 301-585-2295
Fax: 301-585-8911

Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington
6125 Montrose Road
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: 301-881-0100
Fax: 301-881-6549

Johns Hopkins University
School of Continuing Studies
9601 Medical Center Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
Tel: 301-294-7040
Fax: 301-294-7010

Maryland Public Television College of the Air
11767 Owings Mill Boulevard
Owings Mill, MD 21117
Tel: 800-873-6154, 410-581-4323

Montgomery College
Route 355 and Manakee St.
Rockville, MD 20850
Tel: 301-279-5188

Prince George's Community College
301 Largo Road
Largo, MD 20772
Tel: 301-322-0878

University of Maryland University College
Univ. Blvd. and Adelphi Rd.
College Park, MD 20742
Tel: 301-985-4636
Fax: 301-985-7678

The Writer's Center
4508 Walsh Street
Bethesda, MD 20815
Tel: 301-654-8664
Fax: 301-654-8667

In Virginia

ATI Career Institute
7777 Leesburg Pike
Suite 100 South
Falls Church, VA 22043
Tel: 703-821-8570, 800-793-3390
Fax: 703-556-9892

George Mason University
Graduate School of Education
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030-4444
Tel: 703-993-3689
Fax: 703-993-3336

Marymount University
Center for Comprehensive Learning
2807 North Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22207
Tel: 703-522-5600

Northern Virginia Community College
Annandale Campus
8333 Little River Turnpike
Annandale, VA 22003-3796
Tel: 703-323-3000
Fax: 703-323-3367

University of Virginia
Continuing Education
2990 Telestar Court
Falls Church, VA 22042
Tel: 703-876-6900

Virginia Art League School
Torpedo Factory Art Center
105 North Union
Alexandria, VA 22314
Tel: 703-683-2323

Virginia Community College

Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State Univ.
No. Va. Graduate Center
7054 Haycock Road
Falls Church, VA 22043
Tel: 703-698-6044
Fax: 703-698-6062

For more information about state colleges and universities, contact the following:'

State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
James Monroe Building
101 North 14th Street
Richmond, VA 23219
Tel: 804-225-2137

Maryland Higher Education Commission
Jeffrey Building
16 Francis Street
Annapolis, MD 21401-1781
Tel: 410-974-2971

Financial Aid

While many traditional forms of financial aid are increasingly difficult to find, opportunities are still avail-able. The first step is to decide on the degree you want to earn and the university you want to attend. The financial aid office at each university should be your first stopping place. Individuals working at the graduate level will find a wealth of information by contacting day professors in their major fields. In addition, the following organizations can provide information:

American Association of University Women (AAUW) Educational Foundation
The AAUW provides fellowships and grants for women in more than 100 countries. It also supports women for scholarly research, advanced graduate study, and community action projects.

Fellowship Program Director
1111 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: 1-800-326-AAUW, 1-800-326-2289
Fax: 202-872-1425

Associates of the American Foreign Service Worldwide (AAFSW)

AAFSW Adult Education Loan
Adult Education Chair
P.O. Box 70051
Washington, DC 20024-0051
Tel: 202-362-6514
Fax: 202-362-6589

Business and Professional Women’s Foundation

2012 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036
Tele: 202-293-1200

Foundation Center
The Foundation Center has a library of material on special collections, fund-raising, non-profit management, scholarships, and grants to representatives of nonprofit organizations.

1001 Connecticut Ave. NW
9th Floor, Room 938
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: 202-331-1400

National Science Foundation
Provides grants for basic research, medical sciences, and educational studies.

Information Center
4201 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22230
Fax: 703-306-1234

U. S. Department of Education
The Center for International Education administers some individual and institutional Fulbright awards for Americans to study and do research abroad.

Center for International Education
400 Maryland Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20202
Tel: 800-USA-LEARN
Fax: 202-401-0689

Financial Aid for Minorities is a set of catalogs with information about aid for different areas of study. Contact:

Garrett Park Press
P.O. Box 190 B
Garrett Park, MD 20896
Tel: 301-946-2553

The Student Guide, a free catalogue on current federal financial aid, is available from:

Financial Aid Information Office
U.S Department of Education
Washington, DC 20212

FinAid, a free web site with links to financial aid resources and publications:

The Greater Washington College Information Center, with information for adult learners regarding careers, financial aid, programs, and more:

Link to more information about Scholarships and Financial Aid from the Family Liaison Office.



Masters Certificate in Project Management
Obtain your Masters Certificate and Board Certification in Project Management with the AAPM
Financial Planning
The AAFM is a global leader in financial training and certification for finacnial professionals in financial analyst and wealth management training in alliance with 560 accredited business schools.
Business Consulting The Institute of Certified E-Business Consultants offers the CEC Certification and online e-business training in conjunction with colleges worldwide.
Marketing Association
American Academy of Public Relations Marketing Advertising which offers a Graduate Certificate in Public Relations
International Business School
The Graduate Academy of Business offers training and certification in Management Consulting.
Ebusiness Courses
Online Courses in Internet Marketing and E-Commerce
Financial Analyst Jobs
Job Board for Financial Analysts